By Pem McNerney / Zip06.com • 08/09/2021 07:00 EST
Several 9/11 commemorations have been planned in Connecticut and along the coastline.
• Connecticut’s annual September 11 Memorial Ceremony will be held at 5:30 pm Thursday, September 9 at Sherwood Island State Park in Westport.
Park location: Sherwood Island Connector, Westport
Havre du Nord
• September 11 Remembrance – Screening of the film 9/11, at the North Haven Public Library Community Hall, 17 Elm Street, North Haven, Friday September 10 at 10:30 am Registration is not required. More information is available at www.northhavenlibrary.net/programs-adult.
• September 11, 2001: poster exhibition The day that changed the world
The Hagaman Memorial Library, 227 Main Street, Saturday, September 11 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. To learn more about the 911 commemorative poster exhibit, visit www.911memorial.org/learn/resources/digital-exhibitions/september-11-2001 -day-change-world. Registration not required. There will also be an on-demand webinar that consists of a short film as well as a live chat with 911 Museum staff which will be available on Friday September 10 and Saturday September 11 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to attend the 911 Memorial webinar to be held in person at the library, email Cynthia at [email protected]
• September 11 Memorial in honor of transit workers and port authorities at the Shoreline Trolley Museum, Saturday September 11 from 8:30 am to 4 pm
• Commemoration Event: On Saturday September 11, the VFW and American Legion will hold a ceremony on Guilford Green at 9:00 am.
• Commemorative events: Saturday, September 11 at 6 pm, in front of the First Congregational Church on Town Green. A display of the Healing Field flag will be unveiled on Friday, September 3 at 5 p.m. More information can be found at www.healingfield.org. The flags will remain in place until Sunday, September 19.
Candlelight Vigil: Winthrop Baptist Church, 444 Winthrop Road, Deep River, will be hosting a non-denominational candlelight vigil on September 11 at 6:30 pm For more information call 860-526-5241, email office @ winthropbaptist.org, or visit www.winthropbaptist.org or www.facebook.com/winthropbaptist.