ELLINGTON, CT – This week’s hidden gem is tucked away in a little corner of Ellington at the convergence of two national highways, near a school and parked amid a collection of cars awaiting care and vehicles from leisure and nautical activities awaiting launch for the season. Crystal Lake, a major area recreation spot, is nearby.
OK … OK … this is when the culinary team is not on the road to visit various local events.
Welcome to the Backwoods Smokin ‘BBQ at 291 Sandy Beach Road in Ellington.
He specializes in barbecue staples – chicken, ribs, pulled pork and beef brisket. The chest is particularly famous in the state.
When the smoker and trailer are not parked at Ellington Location at 291 Sandy Beach Road, they can be encountered at various events in the area.
Oh yes … there is also a catering service.
Here are some reviews:
- “Not only is the food always fantastic, but the couple who run this food truck are awesome! I would recommend to anyone looking for an exceptional and authentic barbecue. Not to mention the sides. Yum! The mac and cheese, the apple salad. land and baked beans are not to be missed. “
- “We just had Backroads Smokin ‘BBQ to throw a surprise B-Day party at our house. The food was absolutely amazing and the owners are great people. Everyone was talking about the quality of the food. We had someone here who was born and raised in Louisiana and even she said the food was fantastic! I appreciated how easy they made the planning process and how they went out of their way to welcome us and make sure everything went smoothly. I cannot recommend them highly enough. If you are looking for delicious barbecue owned by great people – this is the place !! “
- “Amazing little barbecue stand, super fast service and delicious creations. Bring your appetite!”
- “The food is amazing and the portions are bigger than advertised.”
- “I had come back to Ellington to help my dad pack his house for a move and noticed this place. I had good reviews so decided to give it a try. Let’s just say where this place was before we moved years ago! Great food, great people, great location! I strongly advise you to give it a try because it will become your favorite place for the barbecue !!! “
Customers should check Facebook page for the coming hours if the weather because they can fluctuate with the demand of events.