GREENWICH, CT – The downtown business district of Greenwich will celebrate the Christmas spirit with a special walk on Greenwich Avenue on Thursday, December 9 from 5 to 8 p.m. The event is produced by Re-Imagine Greenwich.
âThis holiday season we can all do our part by buying locally. The Greenwich Holiday Stroll on December 9 will allow residents and visitors to kick off the holiday season on the avenue,â said first head coach Fred Camillo in a statement. Press release. âOur downtown business district has a unique mix of independent and national retailers. Hope you head down the avenue with your family and friends to shop and make a dinner reservation in the one of our fabulous restaurants. Thank you to the Re-Imagine Greenwich Committee for continuing to promote the vibrancy of downtown Greenwich and all it has to offer. “
Many stores and restaurants participate by offering extended hours, light snacks and refreshments, discounts, in-store designs and giveaways.
Part of the mission of the First Selectman’s Re-Imagine Greenwich Committee, co-chaired by Selectwoman Lauren Rabin and Sara Savov, is to determine ways to improve the resident and visitor experience with our business centers in the city ââand with the local economy.
Greenwich Forward, the fundraising partner of Re-Imagine Greenwich, is a non-profit organization that raises awareness, funds initiatives, events and equipment, and promotes life, work and play, all in Greenwich.
“Thank you to all of our retail businesses and restaurants who continue to make our downtown business district a destination. The boardwalk is a wonderful way to start the vacation, shop local and enjoy the festive decorations,” said Rabin said in a press release.
Following the very successful launch of Free Music Fridays last summer, Savov highlights how the committee’s efforts are bringing the community together again.
âI think you can say a lot about the quality of our Greenwich community by the support we all show to each other,â Savov said in a press release. âThis holiday walk is just one more example of how our businesses and city residents come together to create something for the benefit of all. Shop, eat and enjoy all Greenwich has to offer to give away under the brightly lit trees, what a wonderful way to embrace the Holiday Season. “
Here are some examples of unique offers from Holiday Stroll:
- Alice & Olivia will offer champagne and sweets. Buyers are encouraged to bring in a new, unwrapped toy to support their annual toy drive.
- Athleta will be offering 20% ââoff one item and one design for a $ 50 store card and Greenwich Barre Studio three-class pack with purchase.
- Bistro V, Meli Melo and MIKU will offer an additional 10% on gift cards of $ 100 or more.
- Egg will offer 20% off during Holiday Stroll hours.
- Elm Street Oyster House will be giving away a free first drink, oyster specials and a raffle to win a âReturn to Tiffanyâ necklace donated by Julia Pandolfo of Tiffany & Co.
- Faherty will be giving away a little surprise and a chance to win three draws for a $ 200 gift card, $ 100 gift card or blanket. No purchase is necessary.
- Fifi & Bella will provide refreshments and a free gift with purchase.
- Frame will be offering 15% off any item and a chance to win a pair of Frame jeans.
- Funky Monkey will be giving away an in-store design with a $ 100 gift card and select toys.
- Gabby will offer 20 percent off all merchandise during Holiday Stroll hours. (some exclusions will apply) and a chance to enter to win a gift card with purchase.
- Garelick & Herbs will be offering individually wrapped cookies to the first 100 buyers.
- Gretchen Scott will be offering 50% off clothing for the event.
- J.Crew will be offering in-store promotions and a gift card draw.
- JhUHN, a new lifestyle store opened by a resident of Greenwich, offers personalized clothing for men and women, art and gifts for 15% off and a chance to win a $ 500 gift card.
- J. McLaughlin will be open until 7 p.m. serving refreshments and presenting Christmas gifts from Navy Lobster.
- Nobelle will organize an exhibition of handbags and holiday jewelry with several specialist designers. During Holiday Stroll hours only, where customers can buy more and save more store-wide (with very few exclusions) SPEND $ 300, SAVE $ 50; SPEND $ 500, SAVE $ 75; SPEND $ 1000, SAVE $ 150
- Olive & Bettes will offer a chance to participate to win a $ 200 gift card with purchase.
- The Piccolina boutique will offer a chance to win a $ 250 gift card.
- Pologeorgis will be offering 30% off and running a raffle for their Kingston Lion plush toy valued at $ 450 with no purchase necessary to participate.
- REBAg, a luxury designer bag store, will give buyers 10% off and a draw for three gift cards valued at $ 200.
- Roller Rabbit will provide in-store surprises, festive drinks and snacks from its custom-designed Roller Rabbit vacation mobile cart.
- SaksWorks will be hosting a draw for a $ 250 gift card for its new restaurant, Ruby & Bellas, as well as a free annual membership. To be eligible to win one of these amazing prizes, customers will need to register and take a tour of SaksWorks with one of their member sales managers or community staff.
- Shreve, Crump & Low will offer 15% (some exclusions apply), free champagne, and a chance to participate and win a $ 500 gift card with purchase.
- Susan Blake Jewelry will be offering 10% off during Holiday Stroll hours and free sips.
- Todd Snyder, a new men’s store, will offer light bites, wine and beer to shoppers while offering $ 50 off your purchase of $ 200 or more (* exclusions apply and no merchandise discounts third party.)
- Vilebrequin will be giving away holiday nibbles, sparkling drinks and a red Vilebrequin neoprene beach pouch valued at $ 105 with any purchase of $ 500. Anyone entering the store that evening can complete an entry form to win a swimsuit of the participant’s choice valued at up to $ 305. The winner will be notified by email the next day.
- Vineyard Vines will be holding an in-store âEnter to Winâ raffle for two winners and offer $ 100 off their next purchase.
- Zaldig Voltaire will be holding a design for his signature Markus sweater as well as free gift wrapping.
List of participating retailers and restaurants to date:
- Alice and Olivia
- Anne Fontaine
- Good point
- Elm Street Oyster House
- Fifi and Bella
- Awesome monkey
- Garelick & Herbs
- Granola bar
- Gretchen scott
- Greenwich Store Home
- J Crew
- J. McLaughlin
- La Taqueria
- that of Myrna
- Olives & Chard
- Petticoat alley
- The Piccolina store
- Rabbit on wheels
- Ruby & Bellas
- Shreve, Crump & Low
- ‘N’ Plus shoes
- Sunglasses hut
- Susan Blake Jewelry
- Todd Snyder
- Vineyard Vines
- Zaldig Voltaire