HAUPPAUGE, NY, January 4, 2022 / PRNewswire / – Friendly restaurants, known for its iconic dishes such as Fribble Milkshake, Jim Dandy Sundae and delicious burgers and fondants, ends the year on a sweet note. Under new ownership, the restaurant franchise rolled out a new loyalty program, thrilled customers with new menu offerings while bringing back some of the fan favorites from years past, strengthened the management team, and hired a new benchmark, paving the way for a growth transformation in 2022.
“It has been a year since the Amici Partners group took the helm of Friendly’s Restaurants, and although we have faced challenges, we have also been able to achieve many of our goals to revitalize this beloved brand,” said declared Craig erlich, CEO of Friendly’s Restaurants. “Our head office teams, restaurant teams and franchise network are more determined than ever to preserve the Friendly’s legacy for our loyal customers, and we are energized by our plans for 2022.”
Highlights of the year include:
- Acquired under the new ownership of Amici Partners Group, LLC (“Amici”), an entity made up of experienced investors and restaurant operators who have been involved in some of the most well-known fast food and casual restaurant chains for over 25 years.
- Launched Friendly’s Sweet Rewards Program, offering free sundaes and a fun way to earn rewards in a quick and convenient way;
- Gift of 480,000 Free Fribbles the founder’s day;
- Reported Fan favorite entrees and launch of new menu items and ice cream flavors throughout the year;
- Extended online ordering, delivery and pickup;
- Tested two co-branded stores in Connecticut with Smoothie factory;
- Relaunch ‘Cones for childrencampaign to benefit Easterseals;
- Announcement David Ellis as director of marketing and Sylvie becker as vice president of marketing;
- Appointed Roberto De Angelis as leader of the experiment;
- Reward Erich & Kallman as a new agency of reference;
- National media coverage of the brand in MSN, Business fox, United States TODAY, FSR Magazine, and more.
In 2022, Friendly’s will unveil a new advertising campaign and roll out new menu and experience improvements.
For more information on Friendly’s Restaurants, visit www.friendlysrestaurants.com.
About Friendly’s Restaurants Co, LLC:
Friendly’s Restaurants Co, LLC is a restaurant business operating under the iconic “Friendly’s Restaurants” brand, serving signature dishes, burgers, sandwiches and handcrafted specialty frozen desserts in 130 friendly, full-service restaurants. For over 80 years, Friendly’s Restaurants and their dedicated service teams have delighted generations of guests by delivering daily value on tasty food and ice cream creations. Friendly’s Restaurants was acquired by Amici Partners Group, LLC, a group of experienced investors with experience as a national and international franchisor specializing in the restaurant industry. Going forward, Friendly’s Restaurants has plans to introduce innovative new food and ice cream offerings, brilliant new restaurants, and unique ways to reach and satisfy customers. For more information, please visit www.friendlysrestaurants.com.