The Hartford Taste Festival is coming soon and it’s a chance for people here and abroad to enjoy what the capital has to offer.
Here’s your guide to everything you need to know about the Hartford Taste Festival in Connecticut.
What is the Hartford Taste Festival?
It’s a celebration of restaurants in the capital, as well as neighboring communities. It is intended to support restaurants that have struggled since the pandemic began and also benefits Connecticut Foodshare.
The festival will also showcase Hartford‘s music, business and cultural diversity.
When is the Hartford Taste Festival?
The Hartford Taste Festival runs June 10 and 11, from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. each day.
Where is the Hartford Taste Festival?
It’s at Constitution Plaza in downtown Hartford.
Get instructions on how to get there here.
Which restaurants in Connecticut participate in the Hartford Taste Festival?
Restaurants will have three to five “taste portions”. The Hartford said it covers vendor costs so restaurants can participate for free.
- Aurora’s Restaurant, at 399 Capitol Ave. in Hartford, is a Guatemalan-style bakery and restaurant.
- Bear’s Smokehouse offers a Kansas City-style wood-smoked barbecue.
- Bert’s Pizzeria, at 264 Park Road in West Hartford, served New York-style brick-oven and gourmet or gluten-free pizzas and more.
- Cora Cora, at 162 Shield St. in West Hartford, serves Peruvian cuisine.
- The Corner Cafe MX, located at 262 Franklin Ave. in Hartford, serves Mexican cuisine.
- The Dunkin’ Brew Bar will be offering a free sample of Dunkin’s Cold Brew with Sweet Cold Foam.
- Fire & Spice Vegan Restaurant, at 491 Capitol Ave. in Hartford, offers gluten-free, nut-free and soy-free options; raw vegan, salads; smoothies and fruit juices; as well as desserts, according to the festival website.
- Fornarelli’s Ristorante, at 283 Asylum St. in Hartford, is an Italian-style restaurant. There is also a location at 112 Halls Hill Road in Colchester.
- Four Dads Pub, at 114 Asylum St. in Hartford and 18R Hartford Ave. in Granby, is a gourmet pub and a pizzeria.
- Frida Mexican Cuisine, located at 1150 New Britain Ave. in West Hartford, offers Mexican dishes and is a tribute to the painter Frida Kahlo.
- The Greenway Market, at 71 Asylum St. in Hartford, focuses on fresh, local and natural produce.
- Hartford Flavor Company, 30 Arbor St. in Hartford, is a distillery offering vodkas and liqueurs.
- The Huasteca restaurant, located at 555 Day Hill Road in Windsor, offered an extensive menu with everything from wings to fajitas, tacos and quesadillas, chimichangas and more.
- The Ital Juicery company offers vegan foods and juices.
- JAR + Bar, located at 179 Park Road in West Hartford, brings flavors from around the world to the area.
- The Jerk Shack Restaurant, at 1400 Park St. in Hartford, specializes in Jamaican dishes.
- More Than Just Lobster, located at 1003 East St. in New Britain, offers seafood.
- Perfect Poundcakes, at 221 Burnside Ave. in East Hartford, offers baked goods, including its “PoundCups,” which are cupcake-shaped pound cakes.
- The Flor Mix Kitchen and Bar is located at 360 Franklin Ave. in Hartford.
- No Pork On Dis Fork offers hot dogs and sausages.
- Poké Sushi, at 30 State House Square in Hartford. says he fused his sushi roots and Hawaiian-style poké.
- Ranch House Pizza, located at 17 Asylum Street in Hartford, offers a wide range of pizzas, from a cheese pizza to a paneer tikka pizza, as well as several other offerings.
- Republic is an urban gastro pub.
- At Terraza Latina, located at 438 Franklin Ave. in Hartford, offers Latin American cuisine.
- The Place 2 Be has multiple locations and says it’s “inspired by a genuine love for brunch, Instagram and our customers.”
- 5 Constitution Plaza in Hartford
- 615 Franklin Ave in Hartford
- 50 Memorial Boulevard in West Hartford
- Thomas Hooker Brewing Company, which is located in Bloomfield and Hartford Colt Building, is a popular CT brewery.
- Wood-n-Tap has nine locations. It is located in Enfield, Hamden, Hartford, Farmington, Newington, Rocky Hill, Southington, Vernon and Wallingford.
- Check here to see restaurant kiosks updates.
How much are Hartford Taste Festival tickets?
Admission to the Hartford Taste Festival is free.
Where to park for the Hartford Taste Festival?
There are garages in Constitution Plaza.
- South Garage: State Street entrance at 46 State St. in Hartford
- North Garage: Kinsley Street entrance at 109 Kinsley Street in Hartford
There is a $5 flat fee for special events per day at both garages on June 10 and 11.
Parking rates vary at other nearby garages.
Music at the Hartford Taste Festival
Several musical performances will take place during the event.
Get the schedule here.